I cannot believe it’s the end of April already.
Seriously… what a month. Mostly in personal things–it was an extremely trying month. But! Looking at what I did get accomplished, I’m pretty impressed with myself! The biggest one, of course: condo is sold. Signed, sealed, delivered! It’s off our hands. After three months of reno-ing on the weekends with a three year old trailing along, it’s hard to express what a relief this is. Now we’re looking for a new place and 👻
Anyway, on to the actually pertinent stuff. Y’know, writing!
As you can see from the summary below–this month was focused heavily on two projects: Loyalty (which has moved into beta-reading) and Into the Grey (to which I managed to add 24k words). No real progress on other projects, unfortunately.
PROGRESS in April
- Bolfenn: beta reading (no updates. Is it OK to nudge a beta reader if there’s like no progress? I don’t want to irritate anyone but…)
- Into the Grey:
drafting, 26k/100k target(broke 50k last night!)
alpha reading(beta reading)
- Sacrifice: currently at 58k/90k target (no progress this month)
- Bootstrap_: Sent three queries:
- Another two rejections this month. Also submitted a couple more places.
IN THE SOMEDAY-QUEUE
No updates from last month 😭
Lesbian Islandactual title The Spicer’s Wife, historical spec-fic: needs a from-the-ground-up rewrite
- Sad Valkyrie, historical fantasy: also needs a from-the-ground-up rewrite
- That Sequel to Bolfenn, sci-fi/new-adult
I am tentatively combining this with another prequel story on the history of the Ala’pr and the Niptae. Combined 5500/100k words.
- The Dreamers and the Dying, hard sci-fi: 2300 words, on pause
- The Vernacular of the Regency Romance, LGBTQ historical romance, not even started but I ❤ this idea so much ugh
And as for goals… it was a pretty successful month!
GOALS for April
Get all the Loren-POV chapters in Loyalty in their own doc, read this story, and revise so it is a satisfying narrative
if it’s satisfying or not, I don’t know, but it’s reasonably coherent.
Commission character artwork of Casey+Norah in the Ll’Amh bay and begin offering this as a freebie for physical sales Add at least another 20k words to Into The Grey
- Sell five copies (or complete KENP reads) of Identity
As of today–four. Sooooo close 😭
- Add at least 5k words to Sacrifice
- People liked the post on Print Formatting! So I’ll publish Part Two this month
Collate links and publish the initial Megapost of Online Writing Tools
- I’d like to increase from 1400ish followers on Twitter to about 2400
Another close one. I’m at about 2150 right now! 1000 per month was probably a bit too ambitious.
Get another review!THREE new reviews. Blasted past this one.